Saturday, June 2, 2012

I need to ask all my readers a gigantic favor. There is a regulation that WILL affect rabbit breeders from the USDA that could very well be the end of several types of animal agriculture as we know it. The writers claim it's to eliminate "puppy mills", but rabbits have been thrown in for good measure. If they are ever shipped or sold off-premises, you will be affected.

I can't speak for the average breeder, but I don't sell ON-premises, generally, due to possible personal and biosecurity issues, not to mention the fact that some of my rabbits have been transported over long distances (Washington State to Pennsylvania) and if that's no longer possible, it may signal the end of rare breeds as we know them.

I need people to comment on this, and I need them to comment a LOT. You are allowed to make as comments times as you like. We really need thousands to make them reconsider. AR already has theirs up.

Let's show the USDA and HSUS we will NOT take this lying down. Let's show them we can stand united. For our hobby and our freedoms. We need to battle bills that reduce or eliminate any form of animal ownership and breeding because freedom is worth the fight. If you want your children to be able to get cats, dogs, and yes, rabbits for pets OR livestock when they are grown, stand with me. This regulation needs to be regulated out of existence.

http://www.facebook.com/l/lAQF5UFrX/www.regulations.gov/%23!documentDetail;D=APHIS-2011-0003-0001

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hack again?!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bunnybabe said...

I'm not sure what you mean, Anonymous.