Saturday, April 21, 2012

I've finally discovered, quite by accident, the defining characteristic I want for the new breed that I'm developing. I considered having a certain mark or a certain feature that no other breed has, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do that wasn't already a part of another breed. Then I saw it on one of my brood does. Something a had never before seen with such distinctiveness.

I fully intend to have very quick growth rates (5 pounds in 8 weeks seems very doable) and small bones, white fur and wonderful mothering skills, the ability to thrive on forage and the ability to tolerate others in a colony setting, but this characteristic will define my breed as unique in itself. I haven't yet found another breed that has it, but there are occasionally mixed-breed individuals that do, albeit longhaired ones. "My" breed will actually be shorthaired.

In any case, the breed is still in development and I believe it will be for a number of years, yet. I will gladly let you know when it will be available for distribution as soon as it is. It'll easily make the Altex a thing of the past. Stay tuned. :)

No comments: