Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My, how difficult it is to write when you are out "doing"! I've been fixing cages (and I have the sliced-up hands to prove it) and rearranging everything for my portion of the rabbitry so that I can focus on growing meat rabbits to sell, as a processed product! It has been nice, getting out in our sometimes more than 80 degree, sunny weather, to make room for my lovely meat buns. I can't wait to see what I get! Four of my does have been almost certainly bred and two more may have been, so I will be expecting up to six litters in a month. One of the does I'm not sure about, however, won't breed, perhaps because she is obese and the other doesn't seem to understand what is happening to her despite giving every indication of wanting to be bred. I blame youth. She's still young.

I'm planning to implement a hanging cage system and have ordered the hanging hooks to do so. I will also have sliding trays and possibly a vermiculture bin to deal with the feces. Right now, I have drop pans, which are difficult to clean and heavy at times. If I'm going to increase my rabbitry's scale eventually, I will need to reduce the workload as much as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to be visiting your weblog once far more, it continues to be months for me. Nicely this post that i've been waited for so lengthy. I want this article to total my assignment in the university, and it has very same topic together along with your post. Thanks, terrific share.
http://www.businesstraveltours.com is my website.