Saturday, February 25, 2012

I haven't written in a while so I thought I would give a rundown of my very busy month!

Feb 12: My Am Chin doe had babies! I found out the next day that there were seven and they were all very healthy and a beautiful as their mother. There were no REWs(ruby-eyed whites)

Feb 22, they're opening their eyes and starting to walk. It's a tiny bit slower than I was expecting, but I'm sure they'll catch up. Two are rather small. I really hope they hurry and grow!

A couple of days ago, I found my favorite meat cross, Leanne, laying dead outside. I think it may have been a heart attack as it seemed sudden. Her body was too stiff for an autopsy. She will be missed. I very nearly cried, but held back because I needed to do other things first. I loved that doe. Sometimes raising rabbits is not all it's cracked up to be. :(

I need to check my babies' eyes today to make sure they're all open. I should have made sure on day ten to avoid nest box eye. They'll also need their bedding changed. The winter weather has made these things difficult to get done. It's always something!

No comments: